07 July 2022

Towed Gatling gun limber ready for priming

I’ve been thinking about modelling a Gatling gun and limber hauled by Jack Tars since the beginning of this project. I finished the deployed limber just over a year ago [link] and I’ve been itching to model the towed version ever since.

I’ve now prepared the main components and made minor modifications to the crew figures. These were the addition of right hands for four of the running at trail figures (which are cast with separate hands holding rifles), with those on the outside drilled to receive wire drag ropes during final assembly. I have made some small changes to a couple of figures which will push on the horizontal pole, making it a six-figure effort to shift the limber and gun. Two further figures running alongside will complete the vignette.

All the components of the towed Gatling gun and limber.

No comments:

Post a Comment