09 June 2021

Naval Brigade Gatling gun battery

This little project has taken way way longer than it should have done, but it is, I am pleased to say, finished, and it’s not too shabby.

It seemed to me that at every stage I was struggling with what to do and how to do it. It took me a long time to research the limber, constantly hoping for a more detailed source of information, or, maybe, just maybe, that the Perry Twins would release a model for their Sudan range. Once assembled the final challenge was the tow ropes, their placement and fixing to the base in a natural manner. The finished model isn’t completely accurate but the ensemble looks convincing, and makes a nice addition to my burgeoning collection.

I am considering making a second limber being towed by Jack Tars to represent the battery prior to deployment.

While one rating removes an ammunition box from the limber, another brings up a Broadwell magazine. The crew is composed of a mix of Perry Miniatures’s Gatling gun and Gardner gun crews.

No comments:

Post a Comment