08 June 2022

Screw gun battery basing test

Even though I have been busy with work and around the house I have managed to make decent progress with the screw gun battery.

The principal decision was the size of the bases. The crew with the fellow about to ram home the shot required a longer base, 90mm in fact. The second crew, with the converted figure holding the sponge/ramrod, will fit on a base 60mm square. I considered basing both guns on 60mm square bases, with the fellow ramming the shot home based separately. I also considered basing the guns on different sized bases.

After some consideration I decided to base both guns on 60mm x 90mm bases; the uniformity strikes a more appropriate appearance, I think.

Testing the basing arrangement for the Royal Artillery RML 2.5 inch battery. I’m not sure if the infantry sergeant (extreme right) will make the final arrangement. (The gun barrel muzzles need retouching and varnishing – the barrels have just come off the pins used to hold them while painting.)

No comments:

Post a Comment