12 June 2022

Detailing and basing the screw guns

While the Berkshires and the 19th Hussars languish, I’ve been making steady progress with the screw gun battery and the vignette of Private Thomas Edwards and a pair of ammunition mules, of which more in my next post.

I discovered that the recoil of the diminutive screw gun was mitigated by a rope attached to each wheel, run to the hook on the shoe plate at the rear of the carriage. I had to add this detail, obviously, but it was quite tricky to do because the models are so small.

I added check ropes using fine gauge wire rope. Once these were painted I based the carriages and added fine sand, since this would be tricky to do once the figures are in place. Once dry I added the barrels and the crew figures. Sandy paste next.

No comments:

Post a Comment