22 May 2021

Painting, basing, and sketching

I’ve had a mixed day today, but it feels like proper progress. I’ll allow the photos to speak for themselves.

The wet palette is just brilliant! Paint from two days ago is still usable, and the Naval Brigade Gatling gun crews are finally ready for shading.


Based figures, goats, and trees with base coat. I reminded myself that it’s much easier if the figure’s bases are painted prior to fixing to the MDF bases. In fact, I think I will paint the figure’s bases first in future.


I made a quick sketch of the strongpoint to get a sense of its size. The observation tower is the tallest part, almost half of the total height. It’s not really a very large piece in terms of its ‘footprint’, just very high. I may consider a lower tower, say half the height shown here. 28mm miniature for scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment