19 May 2021

First impressions of the wet palette, and another modelling project

I had a a bit of time to prepare and use my new wet palette today. So far, so good.

The instructions suggest soaking the sponge with distilled water, not having any in the house and keen to get started, I used filtered water instead, and so far this seems to be fine. The paint stays wet and workable, which is a pleasure, and I can see that blending colours will be a lot easier too. It’s size is just perfect for my workspace.

In other news, I have been reading a bit about the Suakin to Berber railway, discovering a piece on William Edge, who was involved with the work in 1885, and an old post on a German blog that I follow (which is in German, but Google Translate is your friend). Apart from being better informed, I have decided that it would be interesting to model one of the forts built to protect the railway while work progressed, or didn’t.

Links
William Edge
The Berber Railway – in Sudan

The first Naval Brigade figures near completion, and the wet palette had something to do with it. I improved the appearance of the flap collar by painting the light blue on the underside and edges, giving the single white stripe a light blue border.


One of the strongpoints built along the route of the railway. This will make for a nice model and a perfect wargames scenario.


No comments:

Post a Comment