09 April 2021

Must have tool

I don’t go on about specific tools or materials unless I’m either disappointed or seriously impressed. While I build up to posting photos of finished figures, I must applaud The Army Painter’s Plastic Frame Cutter.

Cutting parts from sprues can be tricky; scalpel blades don’t have the stiffness required, while a Stanley knife is too large. I tried wire cutters, but the straight jaws were not always best suited.

While I am usually sceptical about branded tools, I have to admit that these are brilliant. Well balanced and not too heavy, the short angled jaws are perfect for the job of releasing parts from spues, allowing the task to be approached at an angle which avoids damage to the part being released. I should have bought a pair years ago.

Under nine quid well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment