21 February 2021

Scenic progress

Following a post to the Colonial Wargaming group on Facebook I had a bit of a breakthrough: I discovered that the manufacturer of my terrain boards was Total System Scenic, and I am now in discussion with them about the production of the new modules I would like.

Having looked at the costs of purchasing raw materials it is clear that it will be less expensive to have TSS make the new modules. I have eight 610mm x 610mm boards at the moment, and I am considering four or six new modules 610mm x 305mm, which will provide quite a bit of flexibility while increasing the playing area.

I want a wadi, and I think this could occupy two or three modules. The others may be undulating ground, that is smooth small hills (rather than TSS’s terraced style).

While I work this out I have been making a bit of progress with some of the scenic items. I have based the mud brick houses and painted the low barricades. I’ve based the Medical Staff Corps tents and the small trees too. The next stage is to add various grades of sand and stones and a handful of tuffts, finally adding flock the edges to match my terrain boards. So much to do …

Renedra’s mud brick houses don’t look too shabby. I’ll add some domestic items such as pots to make them look inhabited.


Low barricades assembled from an assortment of crates, tarpaulins, and sandbags.

No comments:

Post a Comment