23 October 2020

Gatling gun limber components

On deciding that I want my batteries to look a bit more substantial, I ordered another Gatling gun. I took the opportunity to obtain a couple of the American Civil War artillery limbers too.

As expected the wheels are too large, but the chassis and other parts look as if they will provide a good basis for the model. Importantly, the track is about right. I have a spare set of wheels from a Gardner that is destined for an armed train or gun boat.

Initially I plan to make one deployed limber, which should look like quite enough with the two gun battery. If it works out I’ll make a second limber being hauled by Jack Tars. I’ll order a second Gardner for the wheels. As I mentioned I’ll need two Gardners – one for an armed train and the other for a gunboat.

Two Perry Miniatures’ ACW limber frames with the wheels from the cannibalised Gardner for comparison.

No comments:

Post a Comment