27 October 2020

Chain

Just when I thought I had eveything I needed for the limber conversion, I realised I would need some very fine chain for detailing.

It wasn’t as easy to find a UK supplier as I thought it would be; there are lots of Chinese suppliers on ebay, but, apart from the risk that the consignment will take ages to arrive, I wasn’t filled with confidence by disclaimers which suggested the stated measurements may not be accurate.

Langley Models came to the rescue with incredibly fine chain with forty links per inch / 16 links per cm, although I felt their postage and packing charge of £4 was a bit steep for such a small item. The package did arrive the next day though, so I’ll get over it. Probably.

I had two gauges of chain in stock, but neither was fine enough for detailing the Gatling guns and limbers. The Langley Models ultra fine chain will be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment