20 August 2024

More Beja and a couple of medics

Well, it had to be done. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have 16 finished Hadendowa warriors, based, but without a band of their own.

I decided to increase the strength of each existing band by two figures. This required that I order six riflemen and six crouching figures. I’ll employ two of the latter immediately, but I am sure to come up with something for the remaining four to do.

I ordered some Perry Miniatures’ dead and wounded British figures too (SB20), with a plan to deploy the medic aiding a wounded infantryman straight away. I’ve prepared a stretcher bearer from one of the Sudan/Afghanistan plastic figures to accompany them, substituting an Oliver pattern water bottle and using ProCreate to shape trousers over puttees. I also added shoulder patches to the right upper sleeves. The stretcher is made from aluminium foil and wire spears, cut to length.

Six Hadendowa riflemen. I swapped the pointing arm of the second figure for a plastic one so that this fellow would look less like a leader. The Medical Staff Corps vignette should turn out alright.

No comments:

Post a Comment