08 July 2024

Game markers and British unit leaders

I’ve finished a small set of 16 game markers, which I hope will be enough, and the three leader figures are ready for varnishing.

As I mentioned in my last post, the game markers are to indicate ‘pinned’ units and, specifically for the Beja, warriors who have ‘gone to ground’.

When I first saw Charles C Stadden’s plates of Royal Marine Light Infantry in the Sudan, I considered adding a red stripe to all the figure’s trousers. However, it was difficult to verify whether this was historically accurate in-theatre, so I abandoned the idea. My recent decision to add Lieutenant-Colonel Albert H Ozzard gave me the opportunity to add stripes to his trousers, so I am pleased about that. I’m also rather pleased with the way Ashburnham’s facial hair turned out.

Top-to bottom: Game markers for ‘pinned’ and ‘gone to ground’, which are intended to be positioned behind a unit’s leader figure; Charles C Stadden’s plates of Royal Marine Light Infantry showing the red stripe on their trousers; Huyshe, Ashburnham, and Ozzard.

No comments:

Post a Comment