24 December 2023

Mount-up for a Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to my followers and visitors. Remarkably the page views have passed 17,000 … which seems pretty amazing to me. I am pleased my musings seem to have some reach, and I hope I have inspired some of you to venture into the Sudan for an adventure like mine. Thank you everyone.

Today I glued the Bengal Cavalry riders to their mounts and attached half of the pennons to lances … and now I am quite excited about getting this unit based.

I trimmed the Empress Miniatures’ pennons to half their height, coloured the edges of the red swallow tail section, and gently curled them around my smallest painting brush. After checking each lance for fit to a rider’s hand, I super-glued the pennons to the shafts. The double thickness folded paper of the pennon results in an edge with enough area to give adequate adhesion. I think these will prove to be robust, especially since I avoid touching my figures directly – instead handling them by the bases they are attached to.

9th Bengal Cavalry and the first six lances with pennons.

2 comments:

  1. Sterling work JJ, beautiful figures all around. I don’t know what I like better, the paint job, basing, or pennon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They look much better than the photo suggests … so I must organise better photos in due course.

    ReplyDelete