29 January 2023

Drummer Jones, and some new brushes

I discovered The History Chap’s YouTube channel this week, which has a brilliant piece about my alter-ego’s military service.

With some careful analysis of Lance-Corporal Jones’s medal ribbons, his campaigns are traced and his unit determined. The video is really worth watching. Long-story-short, he served with 1bn Royal Warwickshire Regiment. So I now know how to paint the Drummer Jones miniature’s side drum.

In other news, after years of using Winsor & Newton Series 7 Kolinsky sable brushes, I have bought three Rosemary & Co Series 33 brushes to try. These are also Kolinsky sable, but they have had mixed reviews. I thought to try them on the basis of the positive comments I have read. That and three brushes for the price of a single W&N … I shall let you know how I get on with them.


What Was The Military Career of Lance Corporal Jones?

No sweat – I now know how to paint the side drum … with one of these … probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment