17 October 2021

Basing the Hadendowa mounted band

On Friday evening I promised myself that by the end of the weekened I would have assembled and based the Hadendowa camel mounted band, and finished painting the rifle armed band, two spear and sword armed bands, and the command group.

I did a bit better than that, since all the foot and command figures are shaded too; just the highlights to do before varnishing. The camel mounted band of 12 rifle and spear armed warriors is based, waiting for the sandy paste to dry … which I managed to apply without getting any on the figures – a first!

So … all’s well with the world of Sands of Soudan.

Waiting for the sandy paste to dry … Perry Miniatures with a couple of conversions (the fellow on the white camel and the fellow in the bottom foreground have plastic arms holding rifles, to which I added foil slings). The flag is by Adrian’s Walls.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking camels, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! They look a lot better now that the bases are finished. I’m basing the remainder of the first rub at the moment, so I hope to have photos of the completed unit up soon.

    ReplyDelete