12 June 2021

Hadendowa riflemen, and the wet palette

I began work on the second rub, constructing the first of the plastic rifle-armed warriors. Just now I think there will be three rubs, each comprising one rifle armed band, two of spear and sword armed warriors, and a mounted band.

I indulged in some minor kit bashing for one of the figures, dead easy once one has narrowed the choice of torso and arms; one of the features I really like about working with plastic figures.

The wet palette is working really well. I haven’t moistened it since first using it over three weeks ago, and although the sponge has begun to dry out in one or two places, and the hydro paper has cockled a bit, it’s perfectly servicable and has transformed my painting experience.

Hadendowa riflemen, with a minor conversion for the fellow on the left so he can rest the weapon on his shoulder, and the first command group with my Green Stuff World wet palette … which I simply love. It makes painting so much more fluid – literally – espacially on hot days like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment