14 May 2021

Wet palette

I’ve read quite a bit about wet palettes recently, and the concept seems to offer an answer to a few issues I have had while painting. I am pretty sparing when dispensing paint on to my palette for use, but paint drying out before I have managed to use it all not only seems wasteful but also slows down painting. It’s worse in the summer here as my study is south facing, so ambient temperature can be high.

I also read about making my own wet palette using tupperware, kitchen paper and greaseproof paper, but thought to seek out something where the design and materials had been thought through … I do like a bit of form follows function where design is concerned.

I settled on Green Stuff World’s offering, selecting the smaller of the two they sell, which at 132mm x 182mm is quite large enough.

It’s nicely presented, and looks and feels like a quality product. I’ll be deploying it this weekend …

Green Stuff World’s wet palette, with sponges on the right and specially coated hydro paper on the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment