29 August 2020

Soudan wish list

I love Perry Miniatures’ figures; there’s humanity in the sculpts. I keep looking at the Victoria’s Little Wars range and wonder if I chose the wrong theatre; The Second Afghan War has a much broader range of troop types.

Like most collectors I have a wish list for their Sudan range. It’s very extensive,  but there are some items which would make great additions:

More characters, Osman Digna on a camel, Buller with telescope atop a baggage camel for example;

Naval Brigade Jack Tars hauling a machine gun limber;

Extra variations for mounted Camel Corps officers and troopers/privates;

Mounted infantry (on horses);

Guards regiment head options;

Abyssinian Scouts;

Ammunition mules and camels;

Ambulance wagons;

Ambulance camels;

Egyptian limbers and draft animals;

British screw gun carried by camels.


I am at the very beginning of my project, so perhaps some of these will be fulfilled in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment